You can register for the July 25 IRS Exempt Organization webinar, "Churches and Religious Organizations."
This free webinar will cover the following topics:
- When it comes to taxes, what is a "church?"
- What is a “religious organization?”
- How do you apply for tax exempt status?
- How to stay exempt: do's and don'ts
- Special rules for compensation of ministers
- Recordkeeping and filing
- Rules limiting an IRS audit of a church
You can visit the following archived webinars at IRS video portal under the non-profit tab:
- Starting and Operating Charities for Disaster Relief (May 30, 2012)
- International Activities of Domestic Charitable Organizations (August 4, 2011)
- Starting off Right – What New 501(c)(3) Organizations Need to Know (April 28, 2011)
- Starting off Right - What New NON-501(c)(3) Organizations Need to Know (February 24, 2011)